Saturday, June 20, 2009

Epiphanies galore!

Hubby (Russ) and I sat with all of the compiled images of the Burrow last night just trying to get how the house was actually built, attached, added on to, and it just hit me; It looked to me like the original part of the house (which was the Tudor looking cottage with the 4 roof sides on the bottom left of the house) looked like it was between 700sf and 800sf. We would start with building that part of the house 1st (just like it would have been done originally) and build up from there. It only makes sense. Now that Cate gave me such a great idea to start with cardboard templates, the process of figuring out the additions will be so much easier than trying to figure out how to cut and measure the wood!

6 comments:

  1. It really is a project to get your head around isn't it? One of the things that helped me to form my interpretation of the Burrow was (for me) to settle on the books as my main source of data, with the shots from the movie for overall style and shape and then my own inspiration mixed in...just to make the interpretation personal. :) I think it's really cool that we won't see two Burrows that are just alike, but they will all be recognizable as Burrows! Keep having those wonderful epipnanies! And I can't wait to see what you come up with in cardboard! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to following the progress of this project, Monica :). It will be such a fun journey for the audience as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to seeing your Burrow I love the Weasley's home and even the music makes me feel great!
    Cheers, Misty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be watching closely too! Thank you for inviting us to watch over your shoulder for all the goings on and hitherto's of this most fascinating endeavor...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Weasleys' Burrow! I hope it goes well for you, (and all of us watching!)
    Have you seen Ron Nelson's work? http://artisanofocala.blogspot.com/
    He makes wonderful crooked doors, houses and stairs.
    Best wishes from New Zealand, Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I've just discovered your blog, I do hope the Burrow progressing well and you can post some pictures soon, enquiring minds are impatiently waiting (big smile)

    ReplyDelete